The Bureau of Standards Jamaica (BSJ) announces the adoption of the following standards as Jamaican Standards:
- IEC 60335-2-4:2008+AMD1:2012+AMD2:2017 Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-4: Particular requirements for spin extractors
- IEC 60335-2-5: 2012+AMD1:2018 Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-5: Particular requirements for dishwashers
- IEC 60335-2-88:2002 Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-88: Particular requirements for humidifiers intended for use with heating, ventilation, or air-conditioning systems (stability date 2022)
- IEC 60969:2016 Self-ballasted compact fluorescent lamps for general lighting services - Performance requirements
- IEC 62440:2008 Electric cables with a rated voltage not exceeding 450/750 V - Guide to use (stability date 2022)
- IEC 60085:2007 Electrical insulation - Thermal evaluation and designation
- IEC 60999-1:1999 Connecting devices - Electrical copper conductors - Safety requirements for screw-type and screwless-type clamping units - Part 1: General requirements and particular requirements for clamping units for conductors from 0,2 mm2 up to 35 mm2 (included)
- IEC 61032: 1997 Protection of persons and equipment by enclosures - Probes for verification
These standards were developed by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). They were reviewed by stakeholders and are to be adopted after a one month period of non-objection.
If you have concerns, please submit them in writing to:
The Executive Director
c/o Mrs. Sherieka Satchell-Knight
Standards Development Branch
Bureau of Standards Jamaica
6 Winchester Road
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / SSatchell@bsj.org.jm
Closing date for the non-objection period – 21 January 2020.
BUREAU OF STANDARDS JAMAICA
…Making Standards work for you.